Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Please Don't Tell Me Your Life Story

We have a business where we deal with the public.  When I go to a business with a question, or needing a price for something, I go in, tell them what I'm looking for, and ask the price.  People come to our business and it takes 20 minutes for them to tell how they happened to come to need our services and where they were going when it happened, and what time it happened, and I always want to say - I don't want to know that.  People tell us about their surgeries, divorces, deaths, sicknesses, cheating spouses, etc.  All to lead up to asking for a price.  Why?  I will never know.  They tell us things that I wouldn't tell my close friends.  The best are the ones who come in the door coughing and then tell of their recent doctor visit and how they have strep or some other contagious thing.  I sometimes wish I had one of those thick glasses like the county courthouse has with just a little slot for them to slide their payment through! 
And better than that is when someone comes into our small waiting room, uses the bathroom for NUMBER 2, and then another customer enters a few minutes later.  The look on their face is priceless.  They all look the same!  They want to wrinkle their nose or cover their face, but they are trying to act like they don't notice the smell!  Aren't people funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment