Monday, October 14, 2013

Mouse on the loose!

So I am sitting in the living room this morning putting on my makeup, when something catches my eye.  It's a mouse!  Running along the wall opposite where I am sitting.  My stupid dog, who is sitting beside me is oblivious.  So I say, "There's a mouse!  Get it!  Look!  A Mouse!!"  He jumps down, and I think he is going to earn his keep.  Instead, he runs to the back door and barks, then runs to the front door and barks, all the while this mouse is just meandering along without a care in the world.  I race to get a trap and smear some peanut butter on it and set it where the mouse should travel.  Then the dog notices the trap.  So now I am trying to quietly yell at the dog to get away from the trap and let the mouse find it.  Of course, the mouse goes the other way. Finally, I have to leave for work, so I put the trap where the dog can't get it, and leave a huge note for my husband to check it before he leaves, right in front of the coffee pot, where I KNOW he goes every day.  I get to work and he has no idea what I'm talking about.  Today, he did not get coffee.  Is this a sign to how my Monday is going to go??? When I get home tonight I figure I will either have a mouse or a dog in the trap - 50-50 odds on either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment