Thursday, October 10, 2013

Never let your husband dress your kids!

When my kids were about 1 and 6, I had had enough of being cooped up while my husband was out every weekend doing something (it's always SOME kind of hunting or fishing season), so I got up on a Saturday, and announced I was going out and he would have to watch the kids.  I was so proud of myself for just leaving it with him and got in the car to go......nowhere!  I had nowhere to go!  So, I decided I would just go to Walmart and browse.  I had probably been there maybe an hour, when who do I see, but my husband and both kids!  My son still had breakfast on his face, and my daughter had worn pony tails the day before, but not this day, so her hair was sort of poking out from her head and kinked from the previous day's pony tail holders.  It looked like she dressed herself and then dressed my son.  There they all were, happy as clams, and not one of them cared that they looked like homeless people!  I was appalled.  I guess that was my penalty for thinking I would go out and that he would take care of everything! 
And why is it that it's the mom's job to take care of the kids, but you have to ASK the dad to watch them?  I don't recall him ever asking me if I would mind to watch them for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment