Thursday, January 26, 2017

I'm a Woman, and It's My RIGHT!

I am a bit appalled at what I see on the news lately. Although we live in a country where we are free to say nearly anything, these women who are marching for "rights", and spouting ignorance for all to hear just really upset my apple cart. 
What were these women marching for?  Rights?  Rights to do what?  Women's Liberation has long been over and at present, we have the "right" to do just about anything we want.  So, I guess the next question is, what is it all you women want to do?  Dress like a purple vagina?  Say things like "blow up the Whitehouse"?  A small part of me is embarrassed to be the same gender as you marching women. 
I suppose I would be called "old-fashioned", but I love that fact that women are not the same as men.  Just like God intended. I am glad there is still some chivalry.  I love it when my husband opens the door for me.  It makes me feel special.  What do you women want - for a guy to come up and shove you out of the way and race you to the door to run in first?  I mean, isn't that equal? Do you really want to work the same job as a man?  While I know a few women in the manual labor sector that could keep up with a man, most could not.  Our bodies were not designed the same.  Our muscles are not the same.  We weren't meant to hurl bags of feed or bales of hay onto a big truck. 
Do these women get angry if a man sends them flowers or candy?  Do they expect an engagement ring?  It seems as though they are trying to only have the benefits of both worlds.  They want equal pay for doing a man's job, but they want the boss to leave out the really hard stuff.  They say they want to be exactly equal, but are mad when they don't get candy and roses on Valentine's Day.
Women's Liberation was a movement designed to stop women from feeling and being seen as sub-standard citizens.  I suppose they got their wish, but in fact, they were never sub-standard.  They were different.  Is a truck better than a car?  They are both vehicles, but were designed to do different things, with one filling a gap left by the other.  Women were designed with very specific purposes in mind.  Bearing children is vital to the success of our generations.  Of course, we all know if men were required to bear children, there would be like three people left on the earth.  Women were designed to produce food for their babies.  Women were designed to be emotional and nurturing.  If men were emotional, we would sure have a lot of crying going on.  It's good to be different.  To fill a different role than men.  Just like we were intended to.
Another thing I don't understand is why there are protests about Trump being president.  Don't you people live in this great country?  Maybe you haven't learned this, but we are a democracy.  That means that we all get a vote in what happens.  Sometimes your vote happens to be the way things go, and sometimes what happens isn't what you would have preferred.  That is both the great and terrible thing about living in a democracy.  If you don't care for this form of government, our country grants you the freedom to move to a different country if you so choose. 
Our country allows you the freedom to protest.  Now, most times a protest is designed to sway peoples' opinion of a certain matter, or to show your distaste for the actions or lack of actions of someone or some group, or to indicate that your rights have somehow been violated.  But to protest who got elected president isn't a protest at all. It's a fit.  A fit that further confirms the downfall of our society as a whole.  Personally, I did not care for President Obama.  But, I live in a democracy, and apparently two times, the majority of the people in this great country wanted him to be the President.  So, that's OK.  The president deserves some level of respect simply for the title he has been given.  Regardless of my opinion, and whether or not I agree with everything President Obama did, if I would have come face to face with him, I would have shown respect and addressed him as "Sir".  It's the right thing to do.
I fear we are teaching our children that they don't have to show respect to anyone, ever.  That, my friend, is a sad day.  Don't you want to know that if you put money in your bank, it will be there when you go to withdraw it?  Don't you want to know that those employees have been taught and trained to do what is good and right, even if it's not always what they want?  I sure do.
This generation is learning all the wrong things.  There is something great to be said about having empathy for others.  Something great about sometimes putting aside your wants and needs for the good of someone else. This generation is missing out on the joy of doing random acts of kindness.  Missing the joy of helping a fellow citizen just because you can.  Missing the safe feeling that comes from knowing you must obey the rules, and anyone who does not will be punished. Missing the definition of fighting for a cause that will better the lives of many. They're just missing so much.
Don't any of these protesters have jobs?  I have never participated in a protest, because I and my husband had jobs.  If we missed days of work, it was missing money in our pockets.  I feel a lot the same towards these protesters as I do career criminals.  If you had a job you worked at all day, and then went home to take care of your family, you simply wouldn't have the time to attend protests and/or commit crimes.  I guess I just don't get it.
If you want to change the world, it starts at home. At YOUR home.  Get a job.  Work. Have a family.  Love your family.  Teach your children right from wrong.  Attend church.  Let your children see you give money back to the cashier who gave you too much change.  BE the miracle in someone's life.  That will produce much more world change than wearing a purple vagina on your head and shouting in the streets.


No comments:

Post a Comment