Tuesday, May 21, 2019

I Am Pro-Life!






With all the protests and controversy surrounding this topic, I must speak my mind.  It will not be agreed with by all who read this blog, and that's okay with me.  If my opinion offends you, feel free to unfriend me on Facebook, don't speak to me ever again, or whatever you deem appropriate socially.  I don't have to answer to you on the day of judgment.

I don't fully understand how a physician, who has taken the Hippocratic Oath, can perform an abortion. It goes against all they have sworn to uphold.  For the person who asked for the abortion to be performed, they may possibly claim ignorance, not fully comprehending the procedure, nor the tiny life that abides within them. But a well-educated doctor, who knows anatomy forwards and backwards, knows the timeline of conception to delivery.  They know that the "blob" is a tiny human, designed by God Almighty, and designed with a complex neurological, cardiovascular, and respiratory system, miraculously formed from the egg and sperm.  They know of the chemical reaction that takes place during a saline abortion.  They know when they are aimlessly grabbing for parts and pieces exactly what they are grabbing for.  They know.  THEY KNOW!  They can say what they want, but you can't tell me that when they lay their head down at night, they aren't haunted by their actions.  Even the most vile know right from wrong.  They just know.

The folks at Planned Parenthood know, too.  They know so well, that they have honed selling aborted baby parts down to a fine art.  They understand that aborting a "blob" means finding, identifying, and accounting for 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 head, etc.  to ensure they got all of the "blob" out.  It angers me that they have the nerve to say they are there for women's health, and that is an outright lie.  They are there for abortions.  It's a money maker when they do the abortion, and a money maker when they sell the baby parts.  Shame on them!

Our own government knows.  The same laws that say a woman can get an abortion at will also say that if you are drunk and driving and kill a pregnant woman, you may be charged with TWO counts of manslaughter.  They acknowledge that a fetus, no matter it's age, is a baby.  They acknowledge that a pregnant woman is, in fact, representing two separate lives.  How can this even be?  How can you make a law that says a fetus is a human life, and another that says it is not?

There will be those who say, "But what if it's medically necessary?"  I don't know if I think it's ever medically necessary.  But those aren't the folks protesting and holding signs on the news.  The people are using those few times when a doctor said it was necessary as an excuse to not be responsible for their own poor choices and actions.  There is one way to prevent the need for an abortion.  Abstain!  If you are choosing to hop into bed with someone, then you are choosing the possibility of pregnancy.  It seems our entire society is one that says, "It's not my fault." "It's not my fault that I wasn't paying attention and twisted my ankle and it happened to be on your lawn.  You'll have to pay for it."  "It's not my fault I got pregnant. I was on the pill."  "It's not my fault I had a wreck while texting."  "It's not my fault I got an 'F' on the test."  Everything is someone else's fault.  Isn't it time people took a little responsibility for their own actions?

Some will say, "It's my body, so it's my choice." That, my friend, is a bunch of baloney!  If a woman gets pregnant, did she make that baby alone?  What if the man wants a baby?  Doesn't he get a say in the life he helped create?  And if the choice is only up to the woman as to when she wants to be a mother, then that same choice should be up to the father to decide if he wants to pay child support and be a father, right?  Of course, that is laughable.  The father is ordered to pay child support, sometimes without even being granted the ability to see his child, and threatened with jail and fines if he doesn't pay.  How is that justified?

Some will say, "You only care about the fetus - not the child who is being neglected."  The whole system needs an overhaul.  Adoption should be more affordable and easier to maneuver through the approval channels.  Personally, I think if you have a child taken away for neglect and/or abuse, you should be forced to have your tubes tied, or if a man, have a vasectomy.  I think the government should pay for it.  It is much cheaper than forcing the government to pay for fostering children of those who continue to have one after the other taken away, only to become pregnant again.  If that person gets their life straightened out, then they can reverse it if they choose to. I also think if your baby is born addicted to an illegal drug, having your tubes tied should be mandatory.

Others will claim that a child conceived from rape or incest should be aborted.  While that must be a traumatic experience, I don't understand how killing a baby growing inside makes the trauma any better.  There are those who have endured rape and chosen to have their babies and chosen to love them and keep them.  Those children have gone on to lead happy lives.   Not everyone will choose that, and adoption is an option for them.  This ultimately goes back to people's question of how God can let bad things happen. You can see one of my past blog posts for some answers to that question.  God doesn't want bad things to happen, but we are given free will, which sometimes results in bad decisions. Tragedies are tragic, but two wrongs don't make a right.  Killing an innocent life should never be the answer.

Our society has become a "ME" society.  Do what's right for ME.  Do what feels good for ME.  Do what makes ME happy.  While we all want to be happy and feel good about ourselves, sometimes life requires us to sacrifice a little of our wants for the sake of others.  Sometimes we skip eating out so we can buy some new shoes for the kids.  Sometimes we give up our morning coffee stop so we can give something to someone else.  This is what makes the world go around - not me, me, me.

I am not for abortion under any circumstance.  While I believe we, as humans, make plenty of mistakes and stupid decisions, I don't believe God does.  I believe He is to be thanked and praised and glorified,whether in the midst of a tragedy or among great joys.  I believe a baby is a baby from the moment it is conceived.  I believe people who want evil things from this world are more vocal and more visible than the people who want what is good and right, but I don't believe they outnumber the good.  God is truly our only hope in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment