Friday, January 9, 2015

The Mascara Sneeze

This is only for the girls - unless you're a weird guy.  So, is it just me, or does this happen to anyone else?  I am putting my makeup on in the morning - foundation, powder, etc., and I put my mascara on.  Mascara dries pretty quickly, but not immediately, so you kind of have to not blink hard for a few minutes following application.  But I swear, the instant I get it on, I have this wild urge to sneeze.  You know, that tingling in your nose when you know it's coming.  Now I am faced with a hard decision.  I can either just let it happen, and look like a raccoon with black marks all around my eyes, or I can quickly throw the mascara tube down and begin grabbing my eye lids to try an hold them open.  Of course this poses a slight risk that my actual eye balls may explode out of my head when the sneeze happens. Some days, it's 50-50 which I'll choose.  And to have to make this kind of decision at 5:30 in the morning is just wrong.  I recently shared a funny to my facebook, which is unfortunately too true: I have the decision making abilities of a squirrel trying to cross the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment