Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Do All Old People Sleep in Separate Beds?

So, this is my bed after I have gotten up.  I am beginning to understand why old people sleep in separate beds.  It is so they can S L E E P!!!  Between the tossing and turning, aching joints and back, and that guy next to me snoring, and of course the dog, it's no wonder I don't sleep!  And this is only one dog - there is another that sleeps there as well.  I am awakened once per night by each dog, and not at the same time, to go out and do their business.  But they can't just do their business and come right back in - they have to wonder around before and after while I am sternly calling them back in. By this time, I am totally awake.  Then, when you add the 2 times I have to do my business in the night, that's 4 times a night I get up.  And for you non-dog people, when 2 people share the blankets, it's fine. But when 2 dogs lay between you, they make the blankets go down where they are laying and then back up to cover you, leaving about 6" of you not covered.  So then begins the tug of war to either get the dog to move, or maneuver the blankets all the way back to the edge of the bed on your side.  And one of the dogs manages to drink all the water sometime in the night (which may be why they have to go out then, too) and then the little one barks incessantly until you refill the water bowl.  So, by the time I get up during one of the "business" trips, I am thankful when it is finally 4:30, because I can sort-of justify going ahead and getting up. If I don't get up then, I lay in bed thinking, "Well, I only have an hour until I would get up anyway, so if I got up now, I could get something extra done around the house".  So, I am thinking, if we had separate beds, and we each had 1 dog, that would eliminate one of the getting up trips in the night, as well as the blanket war.  And the only snoring would be my own, which I am OK with.   Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment