Monday, November 2, 2015

I'm Going Postal!!

I am really close to losing my mind over the United States Postal Service!

I can't say enough good things about our local post office.  They are always most helpful and courteous, and very professional.  I have no complaints whatsoever.

The entire postal system, however, is another story!  I shipped a package 13 days ago. I sent it priority 2-day mail.  I checked the tracking number each day.  The only information it showed was a scan when it left my local post office. On the fourth day with no tracking updates via the internet, and the package not received by the recipient, I phoned the number on the usps website.  After entering a thousand prompts and numbers, I am told by a recording that if I leave my number, someone will return my call according to my place in line.
Sure enough, they call me. They ask again for all the information I spent 20 minutes entering earlier, which I give them.  The customer service lady says, "Well, it looks like it was scanned when it left your post office, and is currently in transit."  I said, "I know that.  I just told you that's what it said on the internet tracking.  But I sent it Priority, 2-day and it's been 4 days." "Well," says the lady, "there's really nothing more we can do until it gets scanned somewhere else.  And you have to wait 15 days to file a claim."

It has now been 13 days and I can't wait any longer.  I call our local post office.  They are most cordial and apologetic.  They give me an 800 number to call, and tell me it will launch an inquiry into where it should have gone after it left here, so they can actually check with the next-receiving post office.  Guess what?  It's the same place I called before!

I call, enter prompts and numbers for 20 minutes, and again am told it's better to request a call-back instead of waiting. So, I leave my number.  I am on the phone with a customer when my cell rings, it's them and I missed the call!!  They call again. I say, "Hello."  The person on the other end says, "Ello. Theez eez (some unrecognizable name) weeth thee Uneeted Staats Poostal Surveez. Ow cun I elp you?"  I'm like, really?  The United States Postal Service can't even hire someone who speaks understandable English?  Is this person even IN the United States?  So, after several huh's and what's on my end, I finally understand they will start a claim and investigate.  I am given a claim number (which I am still not sure I understood correctly) and told someone will call me shortly.

No one ever calls, and I am unable to speak with anyone else about it.  Finally, 25 days later, I receive a refund check from the postal service.

And 43 days after the original mailing, guess what I find sitting on my porch?  The original package, undamaged and obviously unmailed. I don't get it. Where had this package been for a month and a half? And why could no one find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment