Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Money Changer

I stopped by a local grocery store, and purchased two items.  The total came to $6.80.  I handed the cashier $7.00.  Not sure what she typed into her computer, but the next thing that popped up was my change due, $5.32.  She gets out a five dollar bill and starts to hand it to me. I say, "Wasn't my total $6.80?" She replies "Yes." I say, "So, you don't owe me $5.32. I gave you seven dollars, so you owe me twenty cents." Most people would have thanked me and handed me twenty cents.  Not this one.  She begins looking at her computer screen, rifling through her change drawer and calling for help.  Meanwhile, I'm standing there saying, "Twenty cents.  You just owe me twenty cents.  My change should be twenty cents."  Finally, someone tells her to just give me the correct change.  Now she begins saying, "Ok. Seven dollars...ummm, Ok. Six dollars and eighty cents....ummm."  Rifling through the change drawer again, digging out a quarter and a nickel.  I am still repeating, "Twenty cents. My change is twenty cents."  Finally I see her grab two dimes.  At last!  My twenty cents!
So, would you want this girl handling your cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment